Lemonade Scones



I call these scones Alyssa's scones because I first had it three years ago at Soulstice a Capella concert and I would never forget them. That's how I met my friend Alyssa as well. I asked this girl for the recipe three years ago and I made once, they were nothing like how supposed to be at all. The recipe asked for "cream", but it didn't specify and I used the wrong kind. I should use "creme fraiche" but I cannot find it in any grocery stores. So I haven't made them again and haven't eaten them again..... Until a week ago, Alyssa brought me some of her famous scones!! She made these again!! I finished them in 2 days and she told me I can actually make creme fraiche on my own. So, I looked it up, made my creme fraiche, then made my scones! They are now similar to the ones made by Alyssa. These scones have become my favorite breakfast :D I like them plain as they have a mild flavor of creme; but they are also good with jam!

How to make creme fraiche?
To make one cup of creme fraiche, mix one cup of heavy cream with 2 tbsp of buttermilk. Stir well, cover the container, let it sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours until thickened. Then, chill in the fridge until use.

Lemonade Scones (adopted from SundayHotpants)
Yield: 12 scones

Ingredients

3 cups self raising flour
1 cup lemonade
1 cup creme fraiche

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) Mix everything together to form a soft dough.
3) Divide into 12 portions and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes. 

1 comments: