Five Cheese Pizza

Picture of my second attempt

I have been really busy packing, moving, saying bye to friends in the past week. Basically I did packing and moved out in 2-3 days! So proud of myself. I DO MISS 514 A LOT, so much that i am surprised!! Now, I settle down in Toronto. This is my 3rd day here. I have unpacked everything and today had my first day of work. No special comment about work yet since today only went through a lot of security/ computer system/ introductory stuff. I also got to sit and listen in a meeting. That's pretty cool.

I realize I haven't updated my blog for so long! Don't worry I will not give this up! And I am back to the mood of cooking yay! I really miss Amelio's white pizza, so I decide to make it myself. I have done a little bit research online, find out that the five cheese they use are: ricotta, feta, cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan. There are no specific guidelines of how much cheese to put or how to make it. I guess it's also up to you. Besides, I add some minced garlic for taste. 

First Attempt:
1) Need to put more ricotta, A LOT MORE! I think ricotta should have the biggest part. 
2) Too much garlic that it covers the flavor of cheese. Not that it is not good, but it is not what Amelio's is like!
3) Maybe spray some oil on the pizza dough before layering cheese on top, because the pizza is kind of dry and dull. 

Second Attempt: 
Successful!! The pizza is 90% similar to Amelio's, again the pizza dough is different, but it is very good enough or you can research for another pizza dough recipe.

Ingredients:
*I did not count how much cheese I put, but look at my picture below for some directions*
Pizza dough
Oil Spray
Ricotta
Parmesan, grated
mozzarella, grated
feta, grated
cheddar, grated

1) Grease and flour the pizza pan/ cooking sheet.
2) Roll out and stretch out the dough, to about 1/4 - 1/2 cm thick.
3) Spray a layer of oil on the dough.
4) Layer the cheese on the top.
5) Bake in 450F oven for about 15 minutes.

Note:
1) Garlic is not needed.
2) This is my first time making pizza. In order to make the pizza dough thin enough, you have to stretch other than rolling.
3) Lots of cheese, especially ricotta. Forget about the calories.

That's how much cheese I put. Lovely.




0 comments:

Post a Comment