Ricotta Hotcakes


My sister made this recipe a couple of times and I love it every time. This is a recipe from Bill Granger, another of his recipes that I have made before is his coconut bread. I am never a big fan of coconut, but that coconut bread is amazing!! Recipes can be found online. I always want to make some hot pancake for breakfast in the morning, but I can never wake up early enough to do this. After a week of work, I actually got up at 6:30 am on this Saturday morning! My body is so used to waking up early now though I really want to sleep in. What else can I do Saturday 6:30 in the morning?

This pancake is light, non-sweet and mild-flavored. What makes it special is the subtle taste of butter and ricotta cheese. It is good to eat with more butter and maple syrup, or topped with some fruits. Original recipe suggested serving with honeycomb butter and strawberries.

Recipes from Bill Granger
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups Ricotta
¾ cup Milk
4 Eggs separated
1 cup Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 Pinch of Salt
50 g Butter

Directions:

1) Mix ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a big mixing bowl until combined.

2) Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.

3) Add to the ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.

4) Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.

5) Fold egg whites through batter in two batches, with a large metal spoon.

6) Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of the butter and drop 2 tablespoons of batter per hotcake into the pan (don't cook more than 3 per batch).

7) Cook over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides.

8) Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through.

Note:
1) Very importantly not to over-mix the ingredients. Mix them until just combined.
2) I like to eat them when they are just cooked, so the inside is still soft and mushy. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment